Creative Freedom Update – Now Available!
For almost a year we worked on a huge free add-on that would significantly expand the possibilities of editing the game, give new tools for modders, improve the graphics.
In addition to all this, we added a very detailed hotseat mode, created a new penalty mechanics, redrawn the match interface, making it more comfortable and beautiful, revamped sounds.
The update will be automatically installed when you try to launch the game next time. You can continue your campaign without any problems.
Players who played the Beta version should go from Beta to the main game. We will no longer update the Beta version.
WHAT’S NEW IN THE UPDATE?
IMPROVEMENTS OF GRAPHICS AND SOUND
- Added 3D grass.
- Redrew the match interface.
- Completely revamped the game sounds.
- Improved the proportions of the footballers.
- Made more diverse photos of the team.
- Remade the kick off animations so you’d better see the footballers’ faces.
LEAGUES EDITOR AND MODDING SUPPORT
- Reworked the design and usability of the Leagues Editor.
- Added the ability to change the flag of the country. If you change the flag, your country will be named after the modification’s name.
- Added the ability to change the weather in the country. You can also customize the individual weather settings for each city.
- Added the ability to customize the type of faces that is generated in the country.
- Added the ability to change the number of leagues in the country from 1 to 5.
- Added the ability to change the number of teams in the league from 8 to 24 (in the Premier League – from 10).
- Added the ability to upload your list of names for the country. Use a text file with Unicode or UTF-8 encoding.
- Added the ability to rename the tournaments. Moreover, you can type the names of tournaments in different languages (if you want your modifications to be played by players from other countries).
- Added the ability to specify the abbreviation for any club.
- Added the ability to customize the strength of the teams.
- Added the ability to copy and paste entire teams.
- Added the ability to specify the birthday of football players.
- Added display of tags on the main screen of modifications. Tags are automatically assigned to the modifications depending on what you are editing.
- Added new face generators to the Face Editor. Also added the ability to select a random hairstyle and beard without changing the face.
- The interface of the Kit and Logo editors has been redesigned.
- The number of colours increased from 10 to 100.
- Increased the number of jerseys from 30 to 82.
- Increased the number of logo designs from 36 to 109. Also added a few new shields.
- Added the ability to customize the goalkeeper uniform.
- Added 4 new hairstyles.
- Improved face generator. Now it generates more diverse faces.
- Reworked the penalty mechanics. Now you select 6 zones instead of 3. Also now you can miss the goal.
- Added Hotseat Tournament mode. Customize any tournament and play with your friends a whole season on one PC.
- Added the ability to specify the starting year of the campaign.
- Added the ability to customize the ranking of countries before the campaign.
- Added the ability to change the number of countries before the start of the campaign. You can even leave only one country in your campaign.
- Updated logos and team positions in almost all countries.
- New countries added: Peru, Colombia, Paraguay, Vietnam, Thailand, Singapore.
- The probability of the appearance of universal class players from youth academies is slightly increased.
- Now you won’t be able to sell a footballer in the same transfer window in which you bought him.
- Now the finals of cup tournaments are held at neutral grounds. Profit is shared by both finalists.
- In 60 and 90 actions modes, the results of matches of the opponent clubs are calculated on the same number of actions as you play. Amount of Glory given for the best players in these modes is reduced. Now the competition for getting players in the top 10 will be more interesting.
- The age of the footballers in your starting club is reduced.
QUALITY OF LIFE IMPROVEMENTS
- Fatigue is now displayed in substitutions on the specialization screen. Also, added the ability to change the class and substitute a footballer on this screen.
- Same functionality added to the following screens: training, specialization, contracts.
- Added a separate display of the penalty shootout results (previously it was not displayed).
- When scrolling the list of players and switching to another tab, the position of the scroll will be remembered (with the exception of the Opponent screen).
- Added messages about the lack of resources, if you do not have enough Money or Glory to make a purchase.
- Added the ability to change the class of players who possesses several classes, before an online or hotseat match.
- Added the informational descriptions near the spinning ball, which inform about what the game is currently doing.
- An information button was added to the ‘Continue’ button in the Main Menu, allowing you to find out information about the campaign.
- Now on the Opponent’s screen, the tactical view will be turned on by default. It is very important to learn how to “read” the tactical icons.
- Removed the second squad from the substitutions screen.
- Made lighter pluses in Mogul mode.
- Now we show the aggregate score in the second cup match.
- Added the ability to scroll the list of footballers on the screens after the match using the up / down arrows on the keyboard.
- Fixed some glitches of AI in the match.
- Fixed incorrect display of the second cup match results in the Calendar.
- After changing the logo or other characteristics of the bot-teams, the changes were not saved. Fixed.
- Fixed a crash on the sponsor selection screen, if you entered the tables and viewed T-shirts of other clubs.
- One of the tracks was stopping playing after a certain time. Fixed.
- Aggressive tackle did not increase the tackles statistics. Fixed.
- If a footballer received a pass from a partner, moved and scored a goal after that, the assistant’s statistics were not added to the partner. Fixed.
- Fixed a bug in which not all modifications were displayed in the game.
- After the free kick goal the celebrations animations did not start.
- Fixed some inaccuracies in Footballpedia.
- When promoting from the group in the Continental Cup, the draw could have given you a team from your own group. Fixed.
- There was an exploit which allowed you to earn almost an infinite number of specialization points. This was fixed, Now, after you performed the skill against a tired footballer, his motivation is increased.
- Fixed game crashes in some rare cases.
Now we are working on helping our partners to port the game to consoles. We really hope that the game will be launched by the end of the year.
After that, we plan to start working on large additions that will significantly affect the gameplay.
Follow our news here:
Forum – the main hub for the discussions
Creoteam’s page in Steam – subscribe to get news about all FTG news directly in Steam
Twitter – here, we publish short news, screenshots etc
Discord – good place to discuss the game
Facebook – only news
Youtube – our videos
Reddit – news and discussions
We did a lot of difficult and routine work so that in the end you could enjoy new game features.
However, we did it together with you. Many of you have contributed to making the game better. We are very grateful to everyone who participated in the discussions, wrote reviews on Steam, reported bugs, sent crash reports.
Thanks to everyone who shared their impressions while playing the Beta, who helped us to find tricky bugs, who supported us with the kind words.
Special thanks to those who helped us to translate the game into other languages!!!
YOUR FEEDBACK IS IMPORTANT FOR US
If you like the update, we will be happy to read about it at any of our social networks. Btw, if you haven’t written a Steam review yet, now is a great time to do it. Because more players will see how good our game is.
If you do not like something in the update – write about it on the Steam forum or Discord. I check your messages every day and in case of problems I try to help.
And by the way, which of the new features pleased you the most?