Football Tactics’s Press Kit
Table of Content
Football Tactics is a football management game for strategy lovers.
Football Tactics reinvents the basics of the football management genre, making it appealing to everyone, not only the most hardcore football management aficionados.
As a result, this game is deep enough to keep many players engrossed for hundreds of hours already. Football Tactics skips the boring parts of football management games – all those endless tables, numbers, routine and micromanagement.
If you enjoy turn-based gameplay, strategy or tycoon games, you will love Football Tactics.
By the end of 2011, the team decreased to 3 people: programmer, animator and game designer. So they decided to make something small but addictive. Andrey Kostyushko, the leader of Creoteam, had a dream to make football strategy which is “right”. Which gives feedback on every player’s decision, which does not overwhelm players with tonnes of useless spreadsheets, which allows developing a football team, which is still deep and replayable, and finally, which allows winning stronger opponents by using smart tactics. The game about being an underdog. It was Football Tactics: turn-based strategy with RPG elements.
The development went hard as the team lacked the needed financing. There was even a year-long pause in the development. But after hard times, the team decided to release Football Tactics on Steam.
So at spring 2015 developers passed Steam Greenlight just in one month. And at June 1st Football Tactics was released on Steam Early Access.
This decision allowed the devs continue development because players were happy with the game.
After the first year in Early Access, the game plays and looked like a finished product. It was already fun, polished and very addictive. The Steam reviews were Very Positive.
But developers continued working on the game, listening to players and releasing big content updates. Their goal is to turn Football Tactics from a good game to the great one.
In this in mind, they added best face editor made by an indie team. Because every footballer needed a personality. Then, after another year of work, they released a huge update which added new football classes, RPG leveling for footballers, and many other features which made the game even deeper.
Now the game is very close to what they think is a great game. So the developers plan to release the game by the end of Spring 2018.
It worth to mention that the players help developers to translate the game to different languages. Also, one of the players wrote a song for Football Tactics.
- Turn-based matches – Unique turn-based system allows using your strong sides against tactical mistakes of an opponent
- Campaign – Make your way from Amateur to Premier League, play in the Cup matches, buy and train your footballers, improve your club
- Skills and Class Systems – Experiment with skills and classes to build unique team
- Ultimate Face Editor – the editor allows you to edit any face in your team, and modders can create their favorite players in their mods
- Smooth Animations – footballers move like in real football with smooth and realistic animations
- Mods support – create your own leagues or play the leagues created by other players
- Online mode – Call your friends and create a playoff tournament. Who is the best tactician among you?
- Twitch Support – The streamers can interact with their viewers
- “Football Tactics is the most captivating indie PC game I have played. In addition to the strategic gameplay and management aspects, the fact that games play out quickly helped keep me going “just one more turn.” In that way, it is very much like bigger strategy titles, like the aforementioned Civilization series. Plus, it is polished and charmingly animated, with easy to read menus and a very helpful tutorial.”
– Caley Roark , Operation Sports
- “Think Heroes of Might and Magic but with footballers instead of griffins..”
– Alan Passingham, The Pixel Empire
- “Love child of Football Manager and Civilization franchise”
– NinZa, Steam Review
Creoteam is a game studio based in Kyiv, Ukraine. We like to arouse emotions. Triumph, sorrow, joy, compassion, excitement, surprise, pride, hope. We believe, that feeling emotions makes our lives more interesting.
More information about Creoteam, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Game Designer, Director
You can download screenshots, art assets and logotypes in one zip-archive (27Mb).