Press Kit – Football, Tactics & Glory
Table of Content
Football, Tactics & Glory is a football management game for strategy lovers.
Football, Tactics & Glory reinvents the basics of the football management genre, making it appealing to everyone, not just the most hardcore football management aficionados. The game skips the boring parts of football management games – all those endless tables, numbers, routine and micromanagement. But it is deep enough to keep players engrossed for hundreds of hours.
If you enjoy turn-based gameplay, strategy or tycoon games, you will love Football, Tactics & Glory.
By the end of 2011, after financially disastrous Collapse and Collapse: the Rage, Creoteam decreased from 20 to 3 people: the programmer, animator and game designer. They decided to make a game of a smaller scale but very deep and addictive.
Andrey Kostyushko, the leader of Creoteam, had a vision to make football strategy which felt “right”. He wanted to make every player’s decision important but ditch the overwhelming spreadsheets. It would be deep, replayable and emphasise smart tactics.
On June 1st 2015, the game was released on Steam Early Access under the name “Football Tactics”. After its first year in Early Access, the game was fun, polished and addictive, garnering Very Positive reviews from its audience. But the developers continued working on the game, listening to player feedback and releasing big content updates.
Creoteam added one of the best face editors made by an indie team because every football needed a personality. Then, after another year of work, they released a huge update adding new football classes, RPG levelling for footballers, and many other deep features.
In early 2018 Creoteam changed the game’s name to “Football, Tactics & Glory” because it better described the game’s nature.
The game’s full commercial release was made on June 1st, exactly three years after it entered Steam Early Access. The launch was successful. “Football, Tactics & Glory” stayed in the “New and Trending” section on Steam for few weeks. The game was covered by Polygon, Rock Paper Shotgun, Gamestar and other press.
On July 2018 Creoteam and Toplitz Production announced their partnership. They are working together to bring “Football, Tactics & Glory” to consoles and mobile devices.
On June 18th 2019 Creoteam released Creative Freedom update allowing a whole host of edits to footballers, clubs and whole countries so players can recreate real leagues or form their own fantasy worlds. Other improvements include: a new penalty system, Hotseat tournament mode in which you can play a whole season with any number of friends (1-32 players), 3-D grass, revamped game sounds, additional countries and many bug fixes and improvements.
- Turn-based matches – Unique turn-based system allows using your strong sides against tactical mistakes of an opponent
- Campaign – Make your way from the amateur leagues to the Premier League, play in cup matches, buy and train your footballers, improve your club
- Skills and Class Systems – Experiment with skills and classes to build your unique team
- Ultimate Face Editor – The editor allows you to edit any face in your team, modders can create their favourite players
- Smooth Animations – Footballers move elegantly and realistically during matches
- Mods support – Create your own leagues or play the leagues created by other players
- Hotseat mode – Call your friends, create a tournament, select teams and play the whole season together finding out who is the best tactician among you.
- Twitch Support – The streamers can interact with their viewers
- “Football, Tactics and Glory shines because it provides lots of stories, triumphs and disappointments.” – Colin Campbell, Polygon
- “If, like me, you crave the drama and flavour of club football, but don’t have the patience to grapple with full-blown management simulations like Football Manager, or the manual dexterity or even-temper necessary to play games like FIFA, anticipate obsession.” – Tim Stone, Rock Paper Shotgun
- “Football Tactics is the most captivating indie PC game I have played. In addition to the strategic gameplay and management aspects, the fact that games play out quickly helped keep me going “just one more turn.” In that way, it is very much like bigger strategy titles, like the aforementioned Civilization series. Plus, it is polished and charmingly animated, with easy to read menus and a very helpful tutorial.” – Caley Roark , Operation Sports
- “Think Heroes of Might and Magic but with footballers instead of griffins…” – Alan Passingham, The Pixel Empire
- “A real innovation: deeply addictive…” – Alexander Krützfeldt, GameStar.de
Creoteam is a game studio based in Kyiv, Ukraine. We like to arouse emotions. Triumph, sorrow, joy, compassion, excitement, surprise, pride, hope. We believe, that feeling emotions makes our lives more interesting. More information about Creoteam, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Anton Shekhovtsov Technical Director
Sergey Savyak Lead Animator
Andrey Kostyushko Game Designer, Director
Turn-based football? How is that possible?
Twitch Integration you’ve never seen before
You can download screenshots, art assets and logotypes in one zip-archive (33Mb).
You can download screenshots in other languages from this Dropbox folder. Languages available: English, German, Italian, Spanish, French, Portuguese-Brazil, Turkish, Ukrainian, Russian, Czech, Simplified Chinese.